Townsville Trade Training Centre
Our newest campus, the Townsville Trade Training Centre, is a $37 million state-of-the-art facility that trains more than 2,000 apprentices annually in traditional trade areas including:
Did you know?
- The Trade Training Centre's main building is approx 200m long x 42m wide - providing plenty of training space for our students.
- If all training areas were utilised at once the centre could hold more than a thousand students.
- The centre contains a state-of-the-art thermostatic mixing values (TMV) and backflow testing laboratory.
- Our refrigeration and automotive students are trained using the latest simulation technology.
- We have new C-Bus and Building Management System monitors that drive all of the electrical and mechanical systems.
- Our facility has a fully-fitted Instrumentation laboratory.
- Plumbing apprentices gain hands-on experience training on our four storey plumbing tower with solar deck.
- Our engineering, automotive, electrotechnology and construction students have four main training areas which are flexible and can be easily reconfigured for changing demands.
- TAFE's training areas are secure with an electronic security system providing electronic access control to all areas.
- 32 CCTV cameras are located throughout the premises.
- Videoconferencing facilities are available for hire and are complete with wi-fi access.